2021 Groundhog Job Shadow Day
Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Job Shadowing is a nationwide effort where hundreds of thousands of workplaces welcome millions of student shadows through their doors.
Job Shadowing is an academically motivating educational activity dedicated to giving kids an up-close look at the world of work. Online this year, companies can host students for 2 hours or longer activities.
For students...job shadowing:
- Provides an answer to the question, “Why do I have to learn this?”
- Demonstrates the importance of academies in reaching college and career goals.
- Motivates students to learn by demonstrating a tangible application of classroom lessons.
For employers...job shadowing:
- Helps prepare the future workforce.
- Offers a chance to share knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates a tangible commitment to supporting and improving the community.
Fill out form and email to: email@example.com
For questions, call 305-693-3005
IDEAS FOR VIRTUAL JOB SHADOW ACTIVITIES
- Live tour or video of workspace
- Tour of a worksite or project planning room
- Q&A Panel of employees
- Survey students ahead of day concerning their questions or concerns about career
- Typical "day in the life of ______" (Engineer, IT Tech, etc.)