Culinary students in the NAF Academy of Hospitality and Tourism at Booker T. Washington Senior High competed in the 2018 Miami Dade College InterAmerican Campus 1st Annual La Copa Culinary Pastry Competition. In lieu of Hispanic Heritage Month, they celebrated by creating Hispanic-inspired desserts. Our students made the following specialties, putting them in first place for the competition. Miami Dade College also awarded a $500 scholarship to a Booker T. student.
- Flan Cake
- Tres Leches Cupcakes (Three Milk cupcakes)
- Arroz con Leche con Relleno de Mango (Rice pudding with a Mango Filling)
- The mango was a unique twist to the original recipe
- Pastelitos De Guayaba Y Queso (Guava and Cheese Puff Pastries)
- Empanadas de Manzana con Glaseado de Caramelo (Apple Empanada/Turnover with Dulce de Leche)